We need your help sharing this incredible opportunity!
Please pass this information along through your individual networks.
DMG School Project is excited to announce we are accepting applications for two, ONE MONTH long glass residencies. The residencies will take place on the DMG Complex in St Petersburg, Florida. Ideally, these two “Artists in Residence” have worked together or are willing to work together both individually and collaboratively.
• One Month residency in September 2018
• Shared lodging included during residency
• 24-hour access to St Pete Hot Glass studio and cold shop; this includes up to 20 hours of glory hole usage and up to 125 pounds of furnace glass per artist, per week.
• $1000 stipend per artist
• Exhibition in October 2018 featuring new residency work at the Duncan McClellan Gallery.
• Professional photography of exhibition
•Mentorship by Duncan McClellan on the business aspects of being a
successful artist. This includes how to effectively market your work,
and cultivating collectors.
We do not ship the body of work you create here at DMG School Project. The Artists In Residence will be responsible for the transportation and shipment of their works.
DMG School Project, an educational nonprofit housed within the Duncan McClellan Gallery complex, has received generous grants from the Florida Glass Art Alliance, the Milkey Family Foundation, Hough Family Foundation Inc, Art Alliance of Contemporary Glass, and the Maurice A. And Thelma P. Rothman Foundation, making it possible to offer a four week residency for two emerging glass artists.